One College Avenue, Williamsport PA 17701-5799 · (570) 326-3761 or (800) 367-9222
We believe that the presence of international students on campus enriches the educational environment for all students. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students on "F-1" student visas.
The International Application for Admission and all supporting documents must be received in the Admissions Office by June 1 for a fall semester start and November 1 for a spring semester start.
- International Application [online form] [printable form (PDF)]
- Application Fee – $50 (check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or wire transfer). If you apply online, you must pay by credit card.
- Transcripts – Official copies, in English, of all educational transcripts (high school and postsecondary academic records and diplomas from universities/colleges in the U.S. or other country, if applicable); no faxed copies accepted.
- Financial Guarantee (or Affidavit of Support) – Certification that the student/sponsor has available funds to cover the yearly (nine months) cost of education and living expenses in the U.S.; must send originals; no faxed copies accepted.
- Proof of English language proficiency – Required for applicants whose native language is not English.
English Language Proficiency
It is the student's responsibility to prove he/she has the competency to read, write, and understand the English language. Proof of English language proficiency can be provided through any of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores of 500 (173 computer based or 61 Internet based) or better; TOEFL scores must be originals, sent directly from Educational Testing Services to Penn College (ID# 2989)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 5.5 or higher
- Completion of an English composition course equivalent to ENL 111 with a 'C' grade (2.0) or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Completion of one year of academic (not English preparatory) course work (24 credits) with a 'C' average (2.0) or higher; completed within a 12-month period at an accredited U.S. college or university
- SAT verbal score of 450 or higher
- Verification that the student is from a country where English is an official language, and the student’s language of instruction in school was English
Students who are currently studying in the U.S. must also supply the following:
- Copies of current I-20, Passport, I-94 & Visa
- Permission to Transfer Form (to be completed by your current International Student Adviser)
Students who wish to transfer from another college must supply university/college course descriptions or course catalog (in English). Often the syllabus for each class is needed. If transferring credits (from A-level or college courses) send transcript to:
World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: (212) 966-6311
For additional information on required documentation, health-related requirements, etc., consult the International Programs website.